Old May 8th 14, 05:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default White LS Sleeves VS Wedekind for ASW 19?

"Does the ASW19 have the ball on top of the rod like the 20?"

The 19's that I've looked at are like my 15 - two of each type of coupling inline and 90 degree. One of the 19's at my field uses captive pins (you'll see a picture of them in the original LBA AD about locking the L'Hotelliers along with the Ford type pins, "hairpins," sleeves etc.). I don't mind the plain pins on my 15 because all four connections are right up near the control access hatch and easy to see and reach. In a DG-400/202-17 or ASW-20 I would much rather have Wedekinds if possible. We still have one club glider with L'Hotelliers and it has Wedekinds. Definitely the easiest way of securing the couplings but a bit more involved to install compared to the manual safety pins.