Old August 10th 08, 12:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Kyle Boatright

Default Harbor Freight Support group

wrote in message
I have been considering starting a support group for people with a
likewise addiction to my own. The day Harbor Freight moved into my
town, my life was changed. It was easy to avoid it when it was online.
I know other stores have impulse items by the checkout, but this damn
place is filled with impulse items. Really. Who can resist a 32 piece
screwdriver set fot $5. oh wait... that is a good deal on shrink
tubing. who cares if I already have some... how many pairs of $.99
utility scissors does one REALLY need?
I need help. I just bought a welder, but was back the next day for
accessories.

You people are such a bad influence. I don't *need* any more tools. In
fact, I have a couple of really nice ones that I have not even had the
opportunity to use. But after reading this thread, I'm compelled to visit
Harbor Freight. I've been eyeballing the mini-lathes for a while and
probably need to go by and run my hands over one. Luckily, I can't carry a
lathe right now, so I'm not likely to buy one tomorrow...

But some $1.99 straps? Man, I need me a dozen or so of those.

Another good item for the next time you're there... They sell a $12
rechargable free-flight airplane. They fly surprisingly well and get stuck
in trees just the same as the old rubber band powered ones. And getting
them out of the trees is just as likely to tear 'em up...