Old April 26th 04, 01:15 AM
Andrew Sarangan

(Bartscher) wrote in
:

I just had my first opportunity to log some approaches in a simulator
and that brought up questions about how to log the time. The Frasca
141 was set up to mimic a Cessna 172. My questions a

1) Does this time get logged as Airplane SEL along with also being
logged as a Synthetic Trainer?

2) Do I log the time as "Day" since technically it was daytime outside
the building? (I'm assuming that I still want my Day hours + Night
hours = Total hours, so it has to be one or the other)

There was some confusion over this at the FBO and I figured I'd
compound that by looking for some answers here :-)

Eric Bartsch

It should be logged as ground trainer time, not as flight time. Since it
was not flight time, obviously the flight conditions are irrelevant (day,
night, imc...). Also, it should not be added to the total flight time
column (usually the last column).