Old May 7th 04, 01:54 AM
Louis L. Perley III

Just did an install of a S-Tec 40 on one of my birds, wanted the S-Tec 20,
but it wasn't STCed for my type, had to replace the DG so I'd have a heading
bug as well as move the Nav 2 indicator to another part of the panel. All in
all it took 40 hours. Since the System 20 has the computer inside the TC
already and you would not need to remove/replace the DG I'd expect it would
be less than that, but again it depends on what you already have going on
with your panel and what would need to be moved around.

--
Louis Perley III
N46000/N370 - KBJC

"Frode Berg" wrote in message
Hi!

Just a question if there are any mechanics here.

What would the normal install time be for an S-TEC system 20 one-axis
autopilot be into a 1968 Piper Arrow?
Presuming the directional gyro/heading bug is OK, and the NAV instruments
are up to it off course.

Just to have an idea.

I got a price quote from one shop here, and they claim approx 30-50 hours
install time.
I find this figure quite high, but if anyone has any experience with this,
let me know.

Also, does anyone have links to mechanic shops in Sweden and Denmark?

I just want to shop around a little bit....

Thanks,

Frode