Old July 10th 03, 12:12 AM
Eric Greenwell

In article , says...

Running out of memory is from the %^&** pilot not clearing the memory
before the flight. I set it for 9 second intervals and get 24 hours or
so I think.

So make sure the logger doesn't have any courses in it,
make sure you have enough battery power for the flight (or
seperate power source), and make sure you've cleared the
memory so there is some for the flight. Surprisingly
complex, not just a "turn it on and everything
will be fine" deal.

Some flight recorders, such as the Cambridge units, don't require the
flight traces to be deleted, but simply start overwriting the oldest
ones. Also, the recorder automatically records only during flight
(plus a minute or two before and after), so it won't run out memory
even if it's left on before and after the flight. And, at least for
the "secure" recorders, there is no need to keep it powered after
landing while waiting for your OO to show up. So, at least for the
Cambridge recorders, it is a "turn it on and everything will be fine"
deal. In fact, I have my recorder switch on with the master switch so
I can't forget to turn it on.
--
!Replace DECIMAL.POINT in my e-mail address with just a . to reply
directly

Eric Greenwell
Richland, WA (USA)