Old April 16th 06, 04:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Aztec Lower Cowl Mod STC

Jim Burns wrote:
Ronnie, Kyler and other Aztec owners, if you are interested in the STC to
modify your lower engine cowls, keep reading. The mod cuts the bottom cowl
in front of the air box, then installs a row of cam locks for easy cowl
removal. No more lying on your back with feet and arms extended trying to
support the whole lower cowl while two other people remove the screws!
There are two versions of the STC available, the contact numbers are below.
I have the abbreviated plans and install instructions for one version, let
me know if you want the PDF file.

Aztec Nomad Inc. 1201 Gravenhurst Parkway, Gravenhurst, ON Canada P1P 1R1
Email Address: Phone705) 687-6696 Fax705) 645-3914

NTM Aviation, 3870 Davis Rd, McNeal, AZ 85617, USA | phone:520-642-9280 |
fax:520-642-9336
Contact us: about NTM Aviation

Jim

I have this STC on my Aztec, and it's wonderful. It had already been
done when I bought it, but it does make working on things quite a bit
easier. The problem I have (goes for the top cowl as well) is making
sure I get the right cam lock back in their proper locations. Because
my airframe is so old, there are a couple of spots where a longer cam
lock is used to keep things in shape.

--
Louis L. Perley III
N370 @ 48V