Old January 8th 07, 10:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
[email protected][_1_]

Default Pix of our new fuel truck

Very cool fuel truck Jay, and even a cooler operation. I guess visitors can
taxi up to their rooms?

I wish. There is this pesky thing called "Runway 25" that lays between
our hotel and the ramp, which means we'll just have to come fetch you
when you pay us a visit!

Actually, it's a nice walk on a warm summer day -- but not with
luggage. Just wait by your plane -- we'll pick you up in our courtesy
van. (Unless you're flying a Citabria or Fly Baby, in which case you
probably don't *have* any luggage. Then it's an easy walk! ;-)

Looks like the new rig would easily haul more than 350 pounds of fuel. Just
no need????

Yeah, I debated having a new tank made to fit the T100. With its
greater load-hauling ability, the 4x4 could easily haul 100 (or more)
gallons.

However, after pondering that I decided to re-use the old tank, since
it was only 4 years old and we only fill it maybe once per week. I
also use the pickup truck for all sorts of things, so a bigger tank
would take away from hauling capacity...

You would be amazed at how handy it is to be able to transport gas in
this quantity; we use the transfer tank to fuel our lawn mower(s), leaf
blower(s), leaf vacuum(s), snow blower(s), and the occasional car that
runs out of gas out front of the hotel.

And, of course, the truck itself is a rolling storage shed for all of
the various tools. We also use the truck for hauling stuff to/from the
hotel, and to the dump.

It's funny, before the Mighty Grape I always kind of laughed at guys
who drove "pick-em-up" trucks. Now, I wouldn't be without one.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA