Old April 26th 08, 01:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default More flaps?

On Apr 25, 5:16*pm, WingFlaps wrote:
I watched the terrible carshhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaimogfse9c

I was wondering, after he got on the backside of the power curve and
committed to flight, could he have recovered it by putting out more
flaps?

Cheers

It is not like he didn't have alot of runway left to continue picking
up speed. He clearly yanked it in the air way before the plane was
ready to fly. This should be a required video for all student pilots
to watch to drive home the point of ground effects and the lack there
of. Morbid,?? maybe, but when most of us were kids we were shown films
in drivers ed that were very graphic, if I remember correctly
Mechanized Death, Signal 7, etc. Seems they were always filmed in
Ohio. I never wanted to drive there. :((.

I am sure those gruesome images were imbedded in back of my mind and
kept me from doing something stupid in my early years of driving.
Nowadays kids are denied that concept because the shrinks are afraid
their brains would be damaged for life. Of course that doesn't stop
the kids from playing mortal combat and god only knows what other
bloody video game... Go figure !!!!