Old September 12th 11, 05:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default Position Recorders allowed the US for Silver badges?

On Sep 11, 8:58*am, Papa3 wrote:
Leaving aside the issue of creating a valid task: * There is as of now only one GPS Position Recorder approved by the SSA for Badge attempts, and that is FlyWithCE. * I know that we posted this information last year, but I too can't find it on the SSA Website, sorry. * We'll get that fixed. * As others have mentioned, you still need to carry a "traditional" Barograph recording pressure-based readings. * As it stands, there have been no claims using this method in the US to date and very few in several other active gliding countries, largely due to the complexities introduced in having to manage two separate devices. *

Please email me or reach out to Rollin Hasness, "The Badge Dude" ) for official clarifications on Badge and Record issues. *

Erik Mann (P3)
Chair, SSA Badge and Record Committee

Erik,

I did submit a state record claim last fall using a barograph/
FlywithCE. most of our club badge work this season has been in pursuit
of gold badges and diamond goal.