Old August 19th 15, 12:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

Default How do we inspire pilots to truly take up cross country soaring?

On Tue, 18 Aug 2015 18:39:42 -0700, Dan Daly wrote:

Martin, the 100 km Diploma is not recognized in North America.

Thanks for the clarification. I think its a useful sized task for a
fledging XC pilot, so its something that a club might want to use.

My club has a 109km triangle with easily recognised TPs and a 200km O/R
which both have annually awarded cups. Both are into the prevailing wind
from our field and both are commonly used by early XC pilots.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK