Old August 2nd 20, 01:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Foster

Default Mid Week Towing Availability

On Wednesday, July 29, 2020 at 11:50:07 AM UTC-6, Roy B. wrote:
With the contest season a bust this year I am thinking about taking the glider on a road trip to someplace in the US where I can fly for a week or more. So - can we please start a string here about tow operations where tows (or even winch/auto launches) are available mid week, or 6-7 days per week?

Location, days of operation, and contact info would be great. Info about motels, camp grounds or on airfield camping would be helpful too. Sadly, I can't share any information myself as there are no operations in New England that are operating full time 7 days right now. Sugarbush VT did not open this year.
Thanks
ROY

Check with Greg Mecklinberg at the Flying Y airport in Pray, MT, just north of Yellowstone NP. Beautiful place to soar! We also have a newly signed off tow pilot in Ronan, MT, but not much soaring going on here yet.