Old June 20th 07, 05:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Al G[_2_]

Default First Flight, actual Homebuilt content

It is a real pleasure to announce that one of our local EAA
homebuilders, Frank Varnum, made his first flight in his new RV4. N13MJ's
first flight was uneventful. No leaks. No problems.
Frank, 90 years old, and his little brother Gordon, 87, built the RV
over the last several years. No beginner, Frank has about 25,000 hrs, and
started his airline career as a co-pilot in a Boeing Flying boat for Pan Am.
I think he was flying 707's across the pond when he retired, about the time
I graduated from 6th grade. He is a kick to talk to. The EAA flight advisor
that did the safety brief is 88. (as an aside, the flight advisor was chief
instructor for the Army Air Corp, at Luke Field during the war, while my
father was there as a cadet)
I have a couple of pictures, but so far have been unable to get them to
post to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation. I'll keep trying, and let you know.

Al G