Old September 28th 07, 12:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Default Panel Materials

Tim Taylor wrote:
I am getting ready to replace the panel in my Ventus B. Are there any
standard materials (especially the core) and recommended glass and
core thickness used to layup a new one?

Fixed panels are sometimes part of the cockpit structure or safety
design of the glider; e.g., to break instead of injuring the pilot's
legs. Check with the manufacturer before using a different material, or
if the glider is old enough, they might now recommend a different
material than the original material.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA
* "Transponders in Sailplanes" http://tinyurl.com/y739x4