Old February 10th 10, 07:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default If all midair collisions were eliminated...

On Feb 9, 11:11*pm, "Matt Herron Jr." wrote:
I also find this interesting. *I wonder if the ratio of 100/1 would be
the same if one only considered glider-involved accidents. *My guess
is we have a disproportionate number of mid-airs. *Any way to check?

Matt

Matt

You can do the research...

http://www.ntsb.gov/aviationquery/index.aspx

You can select on Injury Severity and Category (Glider, etc.). Play
with trying "collision" etc. in the event details box (but obviously
you need to check the results/misses).

Darryl