Old November 18th 03, 12:58 PM
FF

"Ron Wanttaja" wrote in message
Without knowing the number of flight hours involved,
accurate safety details and analysis are destined
to remain shrouded in much fog, mystery and hype.

Certainly. But of course, we'll probably never have that sort of

data,
unless the EAA does a membership survey. We can't fully rely on the

online
NTSB accident reports, either, because they only mention the engine

type
when engine-related problems were a factor in the accident. Unless

we pay
for and analyze the hard-copy reports, we don't know how many of the

other
2200+ homebuilt accidents since 1990 involved auto-engine

homebuilts.

Download the NTSB database files. There are fields for engine
make/model, airframe hours, and a bunch of other useful stuff.

F--