Old June 2nd 14, 08:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Butterfly iGlide App now available in the US

On Wednesday, December 12, 2012 2:49:16 PM UTC+1, Tobias Bieniek wrote:
From what I've heard Apple is not allowing the kind of Bluetooth connection (SPP) that is needed for virtual serial ports and that is the reason why Butterfly had to develop the wifi adapter.

Can somebody from Butterfly verify or refute this? It would be nice not to have to spend twice as much for wifi when Bluetooth will suffice.

For that matter, why not a cabled solution? I expect many people will be using the Lightning connector for power already -- might as well send some data down that pipe, too.