Old April 23rd 17, 05:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default ventus rigging visual clues

Instead of tape on the right wing I put a piece of wood between the Pin handle and the inside of the fuselage so the left wing can not be pushed out/
Dan
On Saturday, April 22, 2017 at 6:15:04 PM UTC-4, Jonathan Walker wrote:
The other thing that helps a lot is:
AFTER putting the Left wing in place
WITH the water dump valve closed
WITH the main rigging pin partially inserted
AND the airbrakes unlocked
WITH the left wing set at a hight such the the wing spigot is vertically
central within right hand fuselage opening IS.....

Put wing tape on the left hand upper surface fuselage/wing joint so that
when inserting the right hand wing it cant get pushed out.

This last step make rigging so much easier.

At 14:31 22 April 2017, George Underhill wrote:
Not a V2, but I rig my 1981 Ventus b IAW the manual. Dump valve closed,
fl=
ap handle in S, and horizontal stabilizer rigging pin inserted into the
hol=
e in the airbrake tube. Left wing first and main pin part-way in to hold
i=
n place. When inserting the right wing I find the key is to sight the
rela=
tionship between the pin on the left spar and the bearing that it goes
into=
on the right wing root. I look towards the right wing root from the
fusel=
age at an angle. There's not much room, but it is possible to see how
clo=
se the alignment is. If it's not close it'll never go together.