Old April 24th 17, 07:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default ventus rigging visual clues

Am Sonntag, 23. April 2017 00:15:04 UTC+2 schrieb Jonathan Walker:
The other thing that helps a lot is:
AFTER putting the Left wing in place
WITH the water dump valve closed
WITH the main rigging pin partially inserted
AND the airbrakes unlocked
WITH the left wing set at a hight such the the wing spigot is vertically
central within right hand fuselage opening IS.....

Put wing tape on the left hand upper surface fuselage/wing joint so that
when inserting the right hand wing it cant get pushed out.

I insert first the left wing with all the advice given above. But I leave 1/2 inch of space between the fuselage and the left wing. That way I can visualy ceck the allignments of the pins and the bearings in both spars (left and ight) before I push in the right wing. Then with the right wing in place, I push the left wing in the last 1/2 inch.