Old July 16th 18, 02:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

Default So the Discus 2 is 20 years old this year.

On 07/15/2018 09:45 PM, Eric Greenwell wrote:
wrote on 7/3/2018 2:59 PM:
So, 80-90% of the production from mainstream companies are now
“airplanes”, albeit with high aspect ratio wings.
How sad.

I have a motorglider and an "airplane". There is a big difference
between the two, and both make me smile when I fly them. I also flew
unpowered gliders for 2500 hours, and smiled the whole time.

Be glad we have choices, not sad that others don't share yours.

I think everyone should be forced to fly a primary glider launched by
bungee cords off a hilltop. Flying a standard class launched by
towplane is cheating by comparison. Heaven forbid there should ever be
advancements in the sport!