Old September 10th 18, 01:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

Default Winch Clinic hosted by Carolina Soaring Association

That all seems very reasonable. I've done winch launching at two locations and I'm looking forward to my next winching experience.

I've no opportunity to winch close to home, but I've found winch training to be invaluable and fun. It tuned up my reflexes and 'pre-launch focus'. And after practicing a dozen 'simulated rope breaks' on winch at a variety of altitudes, I'm much more confident that I'll properly handle a rope break on aerotow. Winching is also a good opportunity to 'tune up' my landings, much less painful than paying for 10 aerotows to pattern altitude.

Offering this clinic is a valuable service to the soaring community. Thanks.