Old September 30th 05, 08:57 PM
Pete

Default Pre-Career Assist

Hi Doug,

I'm in a similar situation to you but i've got my PPL, check out this
website www.pprune.com you'll get most if not all of your answers on there.

Pete

"Doug" wrote in message
I currently have a high-and-mighty 2.7 hours of flight time. Due to an
unexpected situation at my current aviation-unrelated job, I may get the
opportunity to do the whole "follow my dreams" thing and become a pilot
while someone else foots the bill. I'm wondering out of the members here
if any of you are actual airline pilots and thereby have any advice to pass
along. You know, things you wish you had done differently along the way,
etc. I was doing a little research of flight schools that are designed for
career pilots and JPEG I've attached were a few of the schools I found on
FLTops.com. According to most of those schools' respective websites, you
go through them, and Wham! Off to the friendly skies with a wonderful and
enviable airline career. I the ever-pessimistic can't believe it's just
that simple. Does anyone out there (who is or was an airline pilot) know
of anyone who's gone the route of schools like this? Are there other
schools with a better reputation I should look for? Basically I'm looking
for any advice that can take me from 2.7 to right-seat in the shortest
amount of time possible, but as safely as possible. Any advice would be
greatly appreciated.