Old January 26th 06, 01:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Engine Failures per Million Hours

Only thing is, I can't figure out how you guys racked up 140,000 hours.

The program has been around 25 years or so, for an average of 5600
hours a year. That's 1400 participants per year, average. Seems high.

You really get that many?

We've been at it 20 + years and we fly with each person
for just short of 4 hours. I'ts a swag but not off by an octave
I'm sure. Two fuel pump failures AT Fresno 2 years ago.

I forgot to account for the fact that ~ 1/5 of them have 2 engines!

Bill