Old January 25th 21, 02:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wallace Berry[_2_]

Default What is your go-to meal on long flights?

On Tuesday, January 19, 2021 at 6:05:36 AM UTC-6, wrote:
I personally prefer some pastry with pudding, since it can fill a lot. What do you prefer?

I used to carry the usual things, like jerky, granola bars, apples, etc. Now I carry a frozen "old person drink". You know, Ensure, Boost, etc. Fits in the side pocket. Thaws out but usually still quite cold by the time I need it. Chocolate tastes pretty good. Reasonably well balanced nutrition. Somewhat hydrating and has enough sugar and protein to keep me going through final glide. No crumbs. Bit of a remote concern for most, but a liquid snack does not pose as much of a choking risk as solid stuff.