Old August 17th 06, 10:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
The Visitor

Default Collision alert!

Thomas Borchert wrote:

I don't like it myself, but I don't feel it is a big deal at all.

Well, what can I say? The use of non-standard phraseology, sadly very
common, is more than obviously detrimental to safety. If you can't "feel"
it, that simply leaves me speechless.

Your over reacting. Not to mentin twisting my meaning to sensationalize.

Saying "no joy" isn't that big of a deal. As I explained.

I agree, non standard phraseology is a safety issue. All non-standard
phraseology, isn't equal. And it won't go away. Even controllers resort
to it.

And if my less than hyper disdain for it "leaves you speechless"; I
shudder that what other, bigger issues do to you.

"No joy" is virtually a non issue. I don't care for it, and would never
use it, but I wouldn't get my panties in a bunch over it.