Old September 5th 07, 05:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Neil

Default Winch launch procedure and accidents

"Martin Gregorie" wrote in message
John Smith wrote:

You've obviously never been winch launched in a Junior.

When I fly a Junior I have my elbow on the canopy rail to support my arm
and my straight fingers resting on top of the release "T" knob. This way
curling my fingers and a slight pull gives an instant release but jolts
(we have a grass field) can't cause an unintended release. For those
unfamiliar with the Junior, the release knob is right at the top of the
panel immediately under the cowl and projects straight back on a stiff
cable that prevents it flopping down.

I fly a Junior at my club (amongst other things), and do exactly the same
with it.

Neil