Old May 12th 08, 12:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_2_]

Default I give up, after many, many years!

On Sun, 11 May 2008 15:53:27 -0700 (PDT), Andrew Sarangan
wrote:

Same here. I don't take seriously any posters who use handles instead
of their real names.

Or a handle that sounds like a real name?

Like "Barry Sarangan" or "Barry Dighera"? ;^)

Maybe with a free, throwaway email address that matches?

Think about it... Anybody can have a "real" name online. Once upon a
time, I used my whole real name.

I still post with my real first name, and there are plenty of folks
here who have met me in person. Some are from my home base, tied down
a few spots away. I'll gladly provide my real name in private
conversation where circumstances warrant, and when meeting other
"real" folks.

However, there are now enough nut jobs out there where it's often not
a good idea to use a real name, tail number, etc... on the open 'net.
I'm in the phone book, etc... as I LIKE being accessible to lost
friends, etc... But it isn't worth dealing with a nut case over a
USENET debate.

I base my treatment of posters on posting history as it lodges in my
memory.

** http://www.bburke.com/woodworking.html **