Old October 29th 03, 02:45 PM
Montblack

You the one leaning on the shovel? :-)

What is a rat wall? Or rat wall type foundation?

Your interior looks like some of the hangars on Millionaire Row, out at my
airport, ANE (Anoka-Blaine, MN). White metal on the inside walls, those are
the hangars that have Citations and King Airs in them.

You've measured, and the plane will fit out the door when finished, right?

Montblack
"Styled by the laws of nature.............Concorde"

("Roger Halstead" wrote)
snips
I built a 28 by 40 foot shop. The floor is high strength concrete with
a rat wall type foundation. (I wish I had gone with a standard
foundation although no problems with the rat wall). We used stick
built,, with one inch styrofoam over the outside covered with vinyl
siding. The inside is barn metal which is what most use on the
outside. The walls are filled with roll insulation while the ceiling
has 16 inches of cellulose blown in. If condensation is not a problem
I'd use the cellulose for insulation although the foam seals "tight".

The second page of my G-III construction diary has some photos of the
construction at http://www.rogerhalstead.com/glasair2.htm