View Single Post
Old April 30th 18, 06:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Attitudes & Reality

I read that same original post - it really made me ponder my flying........... after thinking I came to think that often times we as type A pilots, competitors, OLC types or just at 5,000 MSL floating around the airport types - we forget about the people connected to us. Maybe OTHERS are more important to protect than we are.

Maybe it is more impotent to have a Flarm to protect the other guy and his family. So if I am at Mifflin screaming down the ridge at 110 knots and a pilot without Flarm am I endangering the other guy coming at me at 110.

Maybe before I get into my glider or make a decision to "try something" I need to stop a second and remember my family and friends who pay the price if the something doesn't work.

Maybe if I hear a complaint about transponders being too expensive I should point out the 100+ people who could have their lives destroyed if I am tucked under a cloud invisible to the ATC when they are on a jet coming down to land on the way home from vacation.

I am NOT saying accidents can be avoided - or that we can not have risk in our lives. I am saying it is a good feeling to sleep at night believing you have done everything you can to avoid bad things from happening, especially to other people who were just innocent bystanders.

Thanks for the Post Bob W -

WH