Old April 9th 15, 10:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default Hanger Flying/ I learned from this experience

Happened to another pilot I know (he has since left flying for medical reasons). He had a brand new ASW-27 and on, I believe it was his first flight, as he was coming in to land the airspeed was showing ever increasing speed.. He chased the airspeed just a bit and then thought he was flying fast enough. He held a steady pitch attitude and landed. After coming to a complete stop he was still showing airspeed. Tracked it down to a static tube from the airspeed was getting kinked when he closed the canopy which is why it was not affecting his altimeter too.