Old August 13th 08, 03:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Any details on the Uvalde mid-air / bailout?

Any report on damage to the Ventus? I would imagine it must have
received substantial damage too.

7U successfully returned to the Uvalde airport. I haven't heard any
exact reports about that part of the accident. I do know that the
Ventus' left winglet was gone. I'm guessing the winglet acted like a
can opener when it sliced through the bottom of the Genesis wing.
Amazing that he was able to remain airborne and under control although
compromised.

The collision was near Bracketville--which is about 25 miles west of
Uvalde.