Old February 22nd 21, 12:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Godfrey

Default What have we learned from all this?

On Sunday, February 21, 2021 at 4:53:40 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sunday, February 21, 2021 at 4:07:46 PM UTC-5, Mark Mocho wrote:
President Franklin Delano Roosevelt famously declared, "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."

How naïve. If he had only realized how fear could be such a useful tool for those in power. Merely by promoting fear, the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights can be tossed in the trash. The precedent has been set so that in the future, the citizenry can be ordered to behave like sheep, with the most sheep-ish recruited to chastise, shame and otherwise finger-wag the rest of us into compliance.

"Independence Day" will now only be referred to as "July 4." However, the anniversary of the date the Government declared an emergency for a virus with a 99.8% SURVIVAL rate will be hereafter "celebrated" as "Dependence Day," with festivities canceled and all citizens ordered to spend 24 hours in a Styrofoam box with CNN or MSNBC on the tube. Failure to observe this "holiday" will result in having your work declared non-essential and your "emergency benefits" curtailed.

Well stated!

As Eric said "You are ignoring the excess deaths and unusually large number of hospitalizations during the
last 12 months. These can not be explained by misreported causes of death. "
We seem to be a very selfish people, looking only at "what is the immediate risk to me personally" and ignoring (or dismissing) the risk to the infrastructure that supports us. Sign