Old July 5th 05, 08:12 AM
Matt Barrow

"xyzzy" wrote in message
George Patterson wrote:
Charles Oppermann wrote:

The cost of insuring an aircraft has skyrocketed at a rate greater
than fuel costs.

Really? That wasn't the case when I owned my Maule. The premium was
something like $1,700 the first year (1995-96), but it came down to
around $1,300 the last few years. IIRC, the quote I got last February
was less than that.

Seeing as the accident rate has declined dramatically over the past several
years, that fits.

Please don't get in the way of Barrow's ideologically-driven complaining
about trial lawyers through the proxy of imagined increases in insurance
costs.

Do you recall the 1994 act that brought back the aviation industry from
deaths door?

Do you recall WHAT it did?

Do you comprehend that engineering is not OMNISCIENT? Do you also recall
that only a handful of suits had anything to do with real negligence?

Your post demonstrates a real negligence of harebrained ideology...that of
making excuses most people wouldn't accept from a ten year-old.

GFY.