Old September 21st 06, 10:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ebby

Default builders' remorse?

For me it's the journey (build) not the destination (the flight). Sometimes
I tell people I am going to do a Howard Hughes. Fly it once and sell it.
This type of project is a great source of pride learning the techniques of
welding, fabric, paint, wood ...well you builders know what I mean.

At the rate I build I can't see an end date so I'll just fly my Challenger
180 in the meantime and dream about flying the Hatz biplane.

"Ebby"
Hatz Classic s/n37
Camden, NY

"Ernest Christley" wrote in message
Gene Seibel wrote:
I believe there are flyers and builders. I am a flyer. Building doesn't
appeal to me. I see people spending years on a building project and it
appears they have some attraction to the building process. It seems to
be a valued part of their life like flying is a part of mine. As a
flyer, I wouldn't have the patience to build an airplane. Is it the
dream of actually flying the airplane or the building process that most
homebuilders are looking for? Just curious.
--
Gene Seibel
Gene & Sue's Aeroplanes - http://pad39a.com/gene/planes.html

Because I can fly to the fly-in, point to every part on the airplane and
say "I did that", I envy no one.

Building an airplane is all about pride in a task well done. Just like
climbing a mountain, painting a picture, writing a story, carving a stone,
or painting a car.