Old February 3rd 09, 06:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Rocky

Default SLOL/LSA Expectations

Brian Whatcott wrote:
aerojones wrote:

Hi

I'm conducting a survey for my aeronautics course and I was hoping you
all could help me out.
I'm focusing on smaller single reciprocating, nonturbine engine
aircrafts and I wanted to know what are the most important
features/expectations when considering a STOL and/or Light Sport
aircraft? Whether you are looking to buy, build, or just fly.
Any and all opinions are appreciated. Thanks

Glad to be of service.

Factors that I look for, mostly in vain, are
1) Low First Cost
2) Low Cost of ownership
(i.e towable home, or storable in covered trailer,
with easy, fast rigging)
3) Reasonable speed cross-country, with high enough cruise / wing

Sincerely

Brian Whatcott Altus OK

I agree with the above. Thats why I am building a Sonerai IILTS
2004 estimates;
Total build costs 15K flying
Wings fold - take home for winters
Cruise at upper limit of LSA class
- - must be carefull on prop selection to meet LSA rules.
Build as 1 or 2 place

Rocky