Old October 16th 03, 08:21 AM
Nick Gilbert

Wing dropping can be a problem with part-water on board. If the wing is down
for long enough the water sloshes to the tip and the wing NEVER comes back
up!

Nobody is questioning the performance or the construction of the glider. It
does have a wing dropping problem that could possibly be rectified with
winglets.

Regards,

Nick.

"SNOOP" wrote in message
om...

My eighteen year old son and I flew our 55 over 120 plus hours since

February, and yes occasionally the wing drops. I've watched the
current U.S. 15 Meter Champ (also a former SZD55 owner) in his Discus
A, drop a wing in the dirt one day at our home field. David just
popped out the spoilers, picked it up and off he went. Same thing in
the 55. No big deal.

It's a non- event. The 55 is a great ship, with a beautiful wing that
doesn't need winglets. There is a paper written by,I beleive it was
Peter Masak,here on Google, about the SZD55's construction, and it's
wing. I'll try to find it. In short, Peter said nothing but great
things about the weight and construction of this fine glider.

The dealer for the 55 is Windpath Corp. outside of Toronto, Canada.
They are doing a great job of supporting this ship. Look for them on
the internet!