Old October 20th 03, 06:01 AM

In article MCFkb.128605$9l5.112738@pd7tw2no, "PosterBoy"
wrote:

Ummmm........
Do you see the word "toy" in the name of this newsgroup?
Seriously...we even entertain the questions and comments of modelers, but
don't you think that military aviation of any era should take precedence
over toy airplanes? Think it over.

it was my understanding that rec [as in rec.aviation.military] is an
abreviation of the word recreational. look at all the other groups in
the rec. heirarchy: sports, collectibles, etc.

this newgroup exists for the hobbyist: planespotting, restoring old
aircraft and attending airshows are all on topic, but the majority of
hobbyists build model airplanes.