Old May 20th 08, 06:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Benjamin Dover

Default Outside reference in IMC

wrote in news:d6d39f71-aa59-4a2e-9709-
:

I fly in the southeastern US, nearly always under IFR, in a complex
sel. In reading other threads it's pretty clear that some others who
post here don't understand what IMC means. I mostly hand fly, and I'm
guessing 30% or more of my IMC flying is using the outside horizon,
with occasional glances at the VOR needle, altimeter, and DG to assure
myself I'm on course and at the correct altitude. Is that what most of
you GA types experience as well?

Maybe some posters have fogotten that IMC means weather conditions
including visibility and proximity to clouds that are not allowed
under VFR.

It's just MXSmoron who doesn't know what IMC means. The rest of us do.