Old May 20th 08, 09:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob F.[_2_]

Default Outside reference in IMC

If you have, or intend to have an instructor rating you need to keep these
things straight. I find myself falling back every once in a while myself so
you have to keep questioning your (own) vocabulary.

For example: It's an attitude indicator, not and artificial horizon. It's
a heading indicator, not a directional gyro. If I catch a student using
terms incorrectly, I'll ask a question about it, for example, if he says he
wants to rent an IFR certified aircraft, I ask "How do you get an aircraft
certified 'IFR'?" The discussion helps remember the proper phrase from
then on.

' "IFR" next to a rentable aircraft." might be ok, implying the aircraft is
equipped, current and ready for IFR flight.

--
Regards, BobF.
"B A R R Y" wrote in message
On Tue, 20 May 2008 15:43:10 -0400, "Bob F."
wrote:

You do not have IFR rating, you have an Instrument rating.

Usually not, but I have heard people say "I did my IFR with Krusty",
or, "He's working on his IFR", using it as a capability, similar to
"IFR" next to a rentable aircraft.

I know it isn't "right", but I do hear it. G