Old January 3rd 04, 02:27 PM
Andrew Chaplin

The Raven wrote:

I believe the Mirage III, Maachi MB-326, and other aircraft had similar
issues. I definitely know my knees wouldn't clear a Maachi panel, the Mirage
though seemed to have sufficent room.

The story I'm told about the Mirages is that potential RAAF pilots with leg
issues would only be accepted if they agreed to the ejection risk. How true
that is another matter.

I believe the T-33 was another aircraft that had such a hazard, and
that was one of the reasons it was replaced as the advanced trainer in
Canadian service by the Tutor.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO