Old March 16th 16, 04:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Edward Lockhart[_4_]

Default Medical requirements ?

BGA medical requirements he
https://tinyurl.com/heywolw
so, if your GP allows you to drive a car, the BGA will let you fly a glider
solo or with another pilot. An EASA medical won't be required until April
2018.

LAPL medical certificates are valid for 24 months for pilots over the age
of 40.

At 15:35 16 March 2016, Nigel Henry wrote:
What are the medical requirements to fly a glider solo aged 62. ?

In the Past I have had a Class 2

If I renew my PPL, I need a class 2 Medical. annually renewable.

If I downgrade my licence to an NPPL I need a LAPL medical? how
long does it last aged 62 ?

Also I have contacted my Local Dr/GP to be told they do not issue
support or carry out any medicals as they are too busy. so that
seems to close some doors.

Options and clarification I have been on the BGA site and the CAA
site and the LAA site but its not clear how long the medicals last. Or
what I can use with a NPPL or if I need a medical to fly a glider solo.
aged 62