Old November 28th 03, 04:08 PM
G.R. Patterson III

L Smith wrote:

Reading this suggests that you are making the assumption that the
suicide bombers
come from the down-trodden, hopeless members of Islamic society. I've
seen several
reports recently, though, that challenge this idea. I don't have any
citations handy, but
from what I remember it's the more affluent segment of the society
that's providing the
zealots.

From what I've read, it's the affluent segment that's providing the money. The
lower classes still provide the bombers. The surviving family of a bomber then
moves into the middle class.

George Patterson
Some people think they hear a call to the priesthood when what they really
hear is a tiny voice whispering "It's indoor work with no heavy lifting".