Old October 13th 10, 10:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Cochrane[_2_]

Default PowerFLARM Portable mount option

Dale, Paul: Well done! Keep going!

In writing the glidperpilot.org/flarm pages we soon realized that the
standard idea of just velcroing powerflarm to the glareshield won't
work well for most competition gliders. It's thicker than the regular
flarm. The folks at flarm responded brilliantly by offering the box
plus external display option. (Note you can also use the thin led
style display if you don't want to use up a hole). But good creative
options for the regular powerflarm are brilliant and really needed.
Attaboys, keep up the good work! Also, think about the best options
for the separate box plus display, especially in carbon fuselages.
We're going to be installing a lot fast!

John cochrane