Old October 13th 10, 01:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default PowerFLARM Portable mount option

Hi Joe,

So far the ClearNav (and all other soaring flight software products - as far
as I know) will display FLARM data but not the ADS-B or transponder traffic
data. Hopefully they will update their software to support the display of
that data. It is my understanding that the PowerFLARM will send out the
ADS-B and transponder traffic data through the serial port.

I recommend using the small PowerFLARM display even if you are also using a
ClearNav or PDA because it is more "urgent" than the display of data on a
PDA or ClearNav.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"joesimmers" wrote in message
I understand the clearnav is compatable with flarm, so I assume it
will be compatable with powerflarm.

Does this mean clearnav users do not need any other external display?

Or is there other info that is available on the external display that
is not going to be shown on the clearnav?

Joe Simmers