Old May 10th 04, 04:52 PM
Paul Remde

Hi,

I think the problem is in the file name format specified by the IGC. The
year is represented by only a single digit so it rolls over every 10 years.
The CAI software apparently didn't take that into account as perfectly as it
could have. The free CAI program was written some time ago. I don't think
it's fair to be so hard on CAI for this issue. They are doing a great job
shipping and supporting 302 and 302A units this year.

I agree with some of the other posters that CAI probably shouldn't spend any
money updating their free utility since both StrePla and SeeYou are so much
more powerful than the CAI free software utility. They can both connect
directly to the 302 and download secure flight logs.

Did I mention that the CAI utility is free... I think it's a good value and
can be used to download and view flights. I prefer StrePla I think it is
worth much more than the $160 I charge for it.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring Supplies
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

"Roy Bourgeois" wrote in message
I am using an old version of CAE to view flights from
my 302/Compaq 1500. Yesterday (first flight this year)
all flight data was correct in the 1500 card but upon
transfer and display in CAE it shows the flight as
May 8 1994 - not 2004. No such problem last year.
Is this fixable? - or do I just take CAE outside and
shoot it?

TIA

Roy B.