Old August 10th 05, 04:22 PM
Gig 601XL Builder

"Travis Marlatte" wrote in message
nk.net...

2) They started the auction and then took a long break. The reason was
because someone needed to make a few phone calls. I'm sorry, what?! No
bids had been placed so it wasn't like someone had to figure out if they
could afford to go up another million. Perhaps someone realized that the
bidding was going to start lower than they ever dreamed and suddenly
realized that they could own it after all. However, if you hadn't done
your homework and weren't prepared with the deposit, it seems a little
late.

I wasn't there and I don't remember where I heard it but during that break
the auction houses people were talking to the folks that had placed the
deposits trying to figure out what the hell was going on.

It seems the bidding started high because that is where the auction house
had told those that placed deposits said it was going to start. The auction
house then freaked when it dropped to 3mil and no one bid.