Old April 19th 04, 09:09 PM
SFM

I use the 13XL which is an ANR model. I switched over the DC after several
failures of my Lightspeeds. I have owned the LS 20XL and then the 20-3G both
when they worked well. My wife's LS QFR also had broken, so I was unwilling
to deal with their low quality any longer. Yes LS has good customer service
but their product quality is poor.

As for the DC 13XL. I have the newer version with the smaller battery pack,
undercut ear seals and extra padded head piece. I have found these to be
more comfortable than the LS. I like the smaller size of the DC over the LSs
too. When I would wear the LS it felt like I had giant Mickey Mouse ears on.
Quality is excellent for this headset and DC is well known for good customer
service even though most people never use it.

Catch the wave!
www.hamwave.com

**"A long time ago being crazy meant something, nowadays everyone is
crazy" -- Charles Manson**
-------------------------------------
"Paul" wrote in message
Hi

I am a student pilot hoping to take my checkride within the next month
(PPL/A).

I am after a David Clarke Headset but am not sure which one to buy.
Does anyone know of a good website that has independent reviews on all the
Dave Clarke models, the only reviews I can find are either on the David
Clarke website or on pilot supply websites but none of these seem to be
independent or detailed enough to make my decision.

I am not really interested in the detailed specifications, I am after
reviews from pilots who have used them (comfort, features, weight etc..)
ideally comparing the pro's and con's between the different models.

Thanks