Old December 12th 03, 10:56 PM
dave

Jay,
I appreciate what your doing. It's a great idea. I'm not a frequent
poster so I wouldn't have sent you pictures anyway. I also don't see
any value in anonymous posters. Having said that, even if I was a
frequent poster, I'd be reluctant to post pictures with names and
numbers. We all know the problem with our pilot license numbers. The
name and address of a pilot, his SS number and the exact N-number,
serial number, and address of his airplane, a very valuable tangible
asset, might make easy picking for an identity thief. Am I being
overly cautious, yes.
Dave
'68 7ECA

Jay Honeck wrote:
Our new rec.aviation "Rogue's Gallery" of pictures.

Since our new website is obviously becoming more popular with you folks
every day, I need some advice on how to proceed:

1. Should I include "anonymous" posters? I have received pictures from
several folks who do not wish to use their real names, have their "N"
numbers visible, or have their home bases publicized. To me this seems
bizarre, since the whole point of "showing off" your plane is to "show
off" -- and how can you do *that* anonymously? Still, I've posted a
couple of them, but I'm not sure of how to proceed. It's YOUR page -- what
do you folks think?

2. The page is slowing waaaay down. I really like the format of the page,
but as it grows it's getting really slow to open. How's it running for you?
Too slow? Okay, yet? How slow is too slow?

3. Should I include email addresses? I've not included them, thus far --
but I thought it might be valuable to have an email "directory" of
participants?

Thanks for your help!