Old January 31st 07, 03:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley

Default 3rd Class Medical

"Slez via AviationKB.com" u23064@uwe wrote in message

My last physical was in 2005, and given that you need to renew it every 3
years, I am due in 2008. I turn 40 in September of this year and at 40 or
older, it's back to the 2 year interval. At my last physical, the doctor
suggested that I get another one before I turn 40 because of the change
from
3 to 2 years. It doesn't really make sense, because as it is, I would be
required to go when I'm 40, and then 42, 44 etc.

You don't say in what month you're due.

Let's say, for example, you're due in April. If you get another physical in
September (before your birthday) of 2007, you'll be due again in September
of 2010. If you go in April of 2008, you're due again in April of 2010. What
you're buying is the difference between your due date, and your next
birthday.

So my question is ultimately this:
After 40, do the 3rd Class Medical standards change? Are the vision
requirements the same?

The Doc swears the vision requirements are the same, but I suspect he's
making the letters smaller each time I go