Old January 31st 07, 03:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Slez via AviationKB.com

Default 3rd Class Medical

Thanks for the reply!
The way I see it, I'm really not getting a "free year" because as it
currently is now, I'm scheduled to go at 40 and 11 months, then 42 and 11
months, so I'd just be getting a physical a year sooner.
Slez

Peter R. wrote:
On 1/31/2007 9:59:54 AM, "Slez via AviationKB.com" wrote:

So my question is ultimately this:
After 40, do the 3rd Class Medical standards change? Are the vision
requirements the same?

I had my first "40 and older" medical a year and a half ago, and as far as I
could tell, the standards were the same.

The only way to get a free year out of the deal would be to get your medical
at 39 and 11 months, which means you wouldn't have to go back until 42 and 11
months.