Old May 3rd 12, 07:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hartley Falbaum

Default What to do with L-13?

On May 3, 10:19*am, Evan Ludeman wrote:
Giant scale RC.

"No sir, that's a *model* you saw flying last weekend. *Yes, indeed we
do tow it with an L-19 and we used to use it as a sailplane, but it's
just an RC model now. *Oh, the radio gear and servos go home with one
of the club members. *Yes, we've kept the *cockpit original for
realism and old time's sake. *No, of course I can't show you how the
servos hook up, that's proprietary to the guy that built them. *No,
absolutely we won't show you, this isn't a a civil aircraft any
longer, it's just a model. *No, my lawyer says we don't have to... you
don't have jurisdiction over models."

:-)

T8

Hmmmmm!
Does the FAA have jurisdiction over UAVs or is it DOD?